Chicken and Perino Shashliks
SERVES 4 |
Oh no, don’t skewer us! Or if you do, do it for these Chicken and Perino Shashliks.
- 1 punnet Perino Snacking Tomatoes
- 1 punnet Perino Gold Snacking Tomatoes
- 300 g chicken breast
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 medium sized cucumber
- 200 cheddar cheese
- 1 large avocado
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Slice the chicken breasts’ in half widthways so they’re an even thickness.
- Place a griddle pan on high heat with a touch of canola oil. When the oil starts to shimmer place the chicken on the griddle and cook until done, turning once.
- Once cooked place the chicken on a tray to rest.
- Slice the cucumber in half lengthways and then into 2cm thick semi- circles. Dice the cheddar cheese into 1.5cm cubes, and cut the Perino tomatoes in half.
- Scoop the avocado into a small mixing bowl, squeeze half the lemon on top, sprinkle with salt and mash with a fork.
- Cut the cooked chicken into 2cm cubes.
- Place the tomatoes, cucumber, chicken and cheese onto the skewers, stacking them on a plate as you go.
- Serve with a side of the smashed avocado, a sprinkle of the sesame seeds and a wedge of lemon.