Chicken, Perino & Rice Salad
SERVES 2 |
We’ve snuck into your salad! This is a quick and easy snack you can whip up any night for next day lunches.
- 100 g Perino Snacking Tomatoes, chopped
- 100 g Perino Gold Snacking Tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced into tenders
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- dried chilli flakes, to taste
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 cup fresh herbs, chopped
- fresh lemon juice
- Heat olive oil over a medium heat and lightly fry off the cumin seeds and coriander until fragrant.
- Add chicken tenders and start to brown.
- Add garlic, onion, chilli, salt and pepper to the pan. Sauté until the onion is translucent and chicken cooked through.
- Remove the chicken and lightly shred with a fork, set aside.
- Add the rice to the pan and heat through.
- Remove rice mixture from the heat and add chicken, tomatoes and fresh herbs.
- Mix well and add a dash of fresh lemon juice.