Perino Tomato Damper
SERVES 8 |
TIME 1 hr 30MINS
We love a damper! That’s why we’ve found a way to infiltrate this delicious one, perfect for hungry kids after a big day at school.
- 1 punnet Perino Snacking Tomatoes, sliced
- 3 cups self-raising flour
- 100 g butter chilled, cubed
- 130 g feta crumbled
- 1/2 cup cup parmesan grated (¼ cup reserved for top)
- 3/4 cup cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 60 g baby spinach leaves, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup full cream milk
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Place baking paper onto a large flat baking tray and set aside.
- Sift the self-raising flour into a large bowl. Add in the butter, and using your fingertips rub the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- In a separate bowl, add feta, Perino tomatoes, ¼ cup of the parmesan, cheddar cheese, spinach, egg and milk.
- Season with salt and pepper and stir well to combine.
- Add the wet mix to the bowl with the flour and using a fork, gently stir through to combine.
- Using your hands to bring the mix together, gently form a large ball and place the damper onto the lined tray.
- Shape into a large oval shape, and using a knife score the damper into 8 wedges.
- Sprinkle remaining ¼ cup parmesan cheese over the loaf.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until golden.
- Serve warm.