Roasted Perino and Mint Pesto Bruschetta
SERVES 6 |
Bruschetta is better with us, Perino! This twist on traditional bruschetta is fresher with mint, making it great for the warmer months.
- 100 g Perino Snacking Tomatoes, halved
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 6 thick slices ciabatta
- 1 garlic clove, left whole
- 25 g pine nuts, toasted
- small bunch fresh mint
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 100 g ricotta
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Heat oven to 190°C or 170°C fan forced. Place the Perino tomato halves in a roasting tin in a single layer. Drizzle with 1 tbsp of the oil, season well and roast for 20 mins. Set aside.
- Toast the bread, brush lightly with olive oil and then rub with the garlic – save the clove for the pesto.
- Using a food processor, whizz together the pine nuts, mint, garlic, remaining oil and vinegar.
- Spread the ricotta on the bread, top with mint pesto and roasted tomatoes.
- Garnish with the red onion, a drizzle of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.