Spaghetti with Smashed Perino Sauce
SERVES 2 |
Sneaking into this traditional dish, we’ve added a sweet edge that turns it into a real crowd pleaser.
- 2 punnets Perino Snacking Tomatoes
- 200 g dried spaghetti
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ bunch of oregano
- 1 small white onion
- 50 g parmesan cheese
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 160°.
- Chop the Perino tomatoes in half and place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Top each tomato with a slice of garlic, a pinch of oregano, a sprinkle of salt and a dash of olive oil and place in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Boil a large pot of salted water. Once the water is at a rolling boil, cook the pasta until al dente. Make sure to catch some of the cooking water for the sauce.
- In a pan on medium heat, cook the finely diced onion with a little olive oil until translucent, add the tomatoes and smash together with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Place the cooked pasta with a little of the water into the pot with the tomatoes and toss everything until well combined.
- Serve in pasta bowls topped with shavings of parmesan and a few oregano leaves and season to taste.